The end of the world has given us a harsh, merciless existence, where nature tries hard to push humanity to the very brink of extinction. Everything is against us, between us. Untold miles of lawless, apocalyptic roads wait for our feet, and the future, cold and dark, offers little comfort. Without change, there can be no peace. Only survivors.
Fated to lead New America, seven gifted people survive an apocalypse only to find themselves on a cross-country quest through horrors that will shake the very core of who they believed they were. These long-denied protectors of humanity are destined to rebuild their country, if they can stay alive long enough to find each other.
What does this dystopian military fiction series have that makes it so great?
- Nuclear armageddon and post-apocalyptic survival in every page.
- A centuries-old conspiracy that caused armageddon.
- Dangerous trips through the apocalypse to find family, supplies, and safety.
- Post-apocalyptic survival methods that can be copied if shtf.
- A refugee camp with very different laws, picking up those who have survived the end of the world.
- A hero you will love, even as you ponder the secrets that could cost him leadership.
- A constant battle for survival that includes deadly trips into decaying cities, insanity, fights against nature, horrors of the past, and ghosts that stalk their every move.
Set along the lines of The Stand and The Postman, this is a chilling vision of the collapse of society, and the painful rebirth of a nation by those who survived it. Includes character bios, endnotes, and deleted scenes!